View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #13
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladesMommy View Post
Slades rescue let me adopt him. My local rescue has NO problem with me fostering small breeds including puppies. My smallest foster was a 1.5 lb toy poodle puppy. So yes, there are rescues out there who understand not all pits are out to kill. My local rescue has met my pit bull and knows what a big baby she is. None of my dogs are EVER out together, if i'm not in the same room with them.

Do you have a link to the story where the pit killed the kid? I have yet to see a story where a pit bull just "snapped". Most of the time the dog in the story isn't even a pit bull, the media just classify's them as so. most of the dogs that have attacked have not been properly socialized, have been taught to be mean, have been chained and not feed. From day 1, Delaney has been in my house, well feed, well trained, very well socialized... for her first year of life I made it a point to take her to the park or somewhere else she could meet new dogs, people, kids, etc.

Mardelin, I'm not in a relationship, so I'm not about to be married. If I did have kids, the dogs would NOT be going anywhere. They were my babies first and always will be. There is NO circumstances under which I would rehome either of my dogs.

I guess my search will end up being harder than most peoples, but I won't go to a BYB or pet store to satisfy my want for a yorkie.
Yes, your search will definately be tougher...Good Luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!