View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 05:16 AM   #10
sshaw
YT 1000 Club Member

I looked at a pup back in January, she was 3 weeks old and her eyes were the opposite of crossed. I later found out is was strabismus which is linked to hydrocephalus. This pup had the largest roundest head that the breeder had ever seen, though he kept assuring me that the pup was normal and would soon grow into her head. I visited this pup every week till I had to make the decision whether I was going to purchase her. He wanted me to take her at 8 weeks, which is much to soon for a tiny yorkie that did not weigh a pound.

The bottom line is I made the decision not to take her, but did see her at 3 and 4 months of age and was amazed to see that her eye condition did improve, but was still so obvious to me. Because eyes work in stereo and she was not seeing properly her ears developed another function. Yorkies always talk with their ears, but this was different, when someone would speak or a noise was heard, the ears would be the fist to respond and the eyes would be slow to respond. It was interesting.

However this was a rare case, and I do not think that your puppy has an eye problem. I did extensive research at the time to find out what this puppy’s condition was because this breeder was not going to be truthful. It was difficult at best to find any eye problems.

I also think that your puppy is a cutie pie and can’t wait to see more pics!

Sue
sshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!