View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 AM   #7
SladesMommy
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougetthesmiles View Post
This is going to be my 1st litter but I can already tell you I will be very picky where my pups go.

Is it wrong to ask for a home visit?
No. I think its perfectly okay to do a home visit. I do it for ALL my rescues, no exceptions. I had one lady a few hrs away that wanted to adopt, so I got a rescue contact in that area to do the visit for me.

I had a feeling having a pit bull would probably dq me from a lot of breeders and thats a shame, it really is. I am one of the best pet owners out there. All my babies are cared for, and no expense is spared on them. My Bichon lived til she was almost 20, and I don't even want to calculate up how much I spent on her, her last year of life ($5,000 at least I'm sure) and would have paid way more than that if there was anything else that could have been done for her. My babes have everything they could need or want. My pittie is a complete sweetheart and has done fantastically with ALL the dogs I have fostered. It really is sad that a bunch of thugs have ruined the breed.

But at any rate, I completely understand that they are the breeders dogs and they can be as picky as they wish about homes. i know I am super picky when it comes to my rescues.

When the time comes in several months, I'm sure Iwill either be able to find a rescue, or a good breeder that understands my pit bull isn't an evil killing machine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!