View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #20
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

(I live with my parents so the house I live in is pretty large. Trying to find home of my own.)

I have tried having only one litterbox in the house but I has never worked out for me. My grandfather who lives also lives with me will close the door if the box has poop in it rather than clean it so in essence the cats no longer have a bathroom. Hence a litter box in each level. Just a box in the basement doesn't work because the furnace in the winter freaks the one cat out. The only way I can keep the cats waste matter contained is to have multiple box.

Also my grandfather will not put the baby gates back which is how the dog gets to the box. I have tried my gates and he has flat out said he will not deal with the point end of subject.

Cozy (yorkie) does not eat the litter. She plays with the poop. Vet said the cat poop has a high protein count so it must sell good to Cozy.

Cozy really only gets into the one box on the main level of the house because that is where she is most of the day.

I just wish I could find a self clean box that would definately work. Also the cats will not use litter boxes that are covered. Both of my cats are pretty big in the 12-14 pound range so they don't seem to like to be cramped inside a litterbox.

My easiest solution would be to get rid of grandpa but I know that is never going to happen.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!