Thread: First Season
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkiss5 View Post
Off subject, but you said they'd been together since they were 6 weeks...is that how old they were when the breeder placed them with you? If so, that is VERY young for these little ones to be leaving their mom and litter mates. Most reputable breeders agree that 12 weeks is the safe age. Anywho...just wondering...

Welcome to YT!
Hey Bama, just to let you no, that it is not a big deal here for puppys to be rehomed at 6wks of age, I no its a sad fact, but it is also a true 1. I got Missy at 6mts of someone who got fed up with her, and she was bought at 6wks. I bought Boots of a lady I no who had only had her for 1 night and couldnt cope with the crying she said. (like as if she give her a chance ).Anyway Boots was 6wks also. Now my girls are great, I have no problems with them what so ever. They are very well socailized, get on well with other people and dogs. OK Missy hates sand, but I think that has more to do with her fanity. .
I do agree with you Bama that puppys should be rehomed at a much older age, but hey as I said that is the norm here. Jeez I can go on cant I. .[/QUOTE]

Yes, unfortunately, there are many who place them that young here too. Some people are so used to it that they are actually shocked when informed otherwise and didn't know. But again, just because it happens doesn't mean it is what's best. Some people got their pups at a young age and never have problems, much like yourself. Some are not so lucky. Not worth the risk, if you ask me.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!