View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #9
pokche
Senior Yorkie Talker

Well they only did a pre meal test and the number was 31. They didn't do a post test. She had been sick for the previous 5 days with no food, she was on IV and with antibiotics... She had her bile duct canal unblock in the operation on Saturday. She was stressed out from being sick and also a bit depress! She started being sick on the Tuesday morning and they did the bile test on the next monday. She had been on IV with Antibiotics since the Friday.
I brought her home on the Tuesday with her IV. She slept with me for the whole night. She cuddle me as she was searching for warmt. The next day it was a different dog. She needed Tender Love and Care at that point. My vet said she presents the symptoms but she had all the symptoms from a severe Pancreatitis also. Lots of people told me the pre test could have been wrong. The bile duct often release an excess amount of bile when it has been on a no food diet for a long period... And the pancreas was quite inflammed...
Anyway, I will wait and see but for now she has been recuperating very well and shows no signs or symptoms of Liver Shunts... She is not a picky eater, she started eating everything again. But I watch closely her diet. She is on a low protein diet (Royal Canine) for now until I do the test again.
Also dogs with Liver Shunt have problems eliminating Anastesia and she actually did really well with the operation.
But let me tell you, I can't wait to do the test again... it really stresses me out!

Join today and remove this ad!