View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
bfollowell
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy My ex's Yorkie lost her puppies!

I am so bummed out.

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about how early it was OK to take puppies home.

My ex has adopted several Yorkies since our divorce. She wanted to breed a couple of them eventually. Her female went into heat and before they even knew she was in heat our kids' older Yorkie, Zach got ahold of her and, wa la, puppies on the way. The problem was we never got around to registering the litter that Zach came from. Our precious Carmen only had two puppies that lived and we kept Zach and gave the little female to our friends that owned the male. Neither of us planned to breed them or show or anything so it just seemed silly to register the litter. They planned to spay the female and we didn't worry about having Zach neutered since we had his mother spayed some time after the birth. Step forward about ten years and Zach was gonna be a daddy. Of course, who's gonna pay for unregistered Yorkie puppies, full blooded or not? So my ex was just gonna give them away and promised me at least two or as many as I wanted. These were gonna be my grandpups after all!

I was so excited. I didn't realize just how excited I was until my oldest son told me their Abby had lost the pups. I felt my heart just drop in my chest when he told me. My ex feels so bad she's promised me one of Abby's registered pups whenever she has another litter later. These will be fully registered so that's going way above and beyond the call of duty for an ex-wife but she's learned to be quite generous and we get along fairly well now that we're no longer man and wife. Go figure! Even if it never pans out, it was a very sweet offer.

Anyway, if anyone could understand the heartache I feel at losing a litter of puppies, I knew it was the adoptive parents on this board. Thanks for everyone being here. Hopefully I'll be starting my new four legged family before too long.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!