View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #13
LuvMyPrinceKobi
& Reicher Baby, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawlins27 View Post
Apparently I know more about it than you do. Dog's are a priority in the USA so please don't use that as an excuse. And you're not going to get me off topic by trying to get me into some stupid argument about cropping tails. I'm sorry but its hard for me to believe that this is something your vet wants to do. I don't understand why you don't ask your vet the name of the shot if he did suggest this.

I do know the medication you are talking about I've just never heard of it in a shot form. I suspect you are referring to Deslorelin which is actually more expensive than neutering and is typically only used when you are wanting to breed the dog in the future. It is an implant that is inserted under the skin like a microchip and releases hormones.

I read up on this medication in animal science research journals when Tucker was having problems. It is not approved for use in the USA, more research needs to be done. Neutering is safer than this medication which can be deadly if not used properly and increases their chances for cancer. 5 months old is not too young to neuter a puppy. In fact, the BEST age to neuter a male dog is between 5-6 months to prevent male behavioral problems from becoming learned behavior so what you are saying makes no sense.

So I have done my research. Best of luck in your decision.
She's very intelligent about health of dogs. I wouldn't argue with her. No matter where you are, a dog is a dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!