View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #12
drawlins27
Mommy's Lil' Miracle
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccbydo View Post
Maybe where I live they are more into saving and keeping animals in tact and not cropping ears, tails and removing body parts for STYLE like back in the USA where dog's are not priority. Dogs are treated as humans here where I live. I will ask the vet what the medicine is as he said is is reversable if they want to have babies. So it cant be bad. It is not a hormone per se but to stop the hormones, vet said it is safe but I thought it was used there but I guess not. No need to BADGER ME AND REDICULE ME. Not becuase some of you dont know about it menas it is BAD
Apparently I know more about it than you do. Dog's are a priority in the USA so please don't use that as an excuse. And you're not going to get me off topic by trying to get me into some stupid argument about cropping tails. I'm sorry but its hard for me to believe that this is something your vet wants to do. You can't say its not bad when you don't know anything about it.

I do know the medication you are talking about I've just never heard of it in a shot form. I suspect you are referring to Deslorelin which is actually more expensive than neutering and is typically only used when you are wanting to breed the dog in the future. And it IS a hormone which blocks testosterone production. It is an implant that is inserted under the skin like a microchip and releases hormones.

I read up on this medication in animal science research journals when Tucker was having problems. It is not approved for use in the USA, more research needs to be done. Neutering is safer than this medication which can be deadly if not used properly and increases their chances for cancer. 5 months old is not too young to neuter a puppy. In fact, the BEST age to neuter a male dog is between 5-6 months to prevent male behavioral problems from becoming learned behavior so what you are saying makes no sense.

So I have done my research. Best of luck in your decision.

Last edited by drawlins27; 10-27-2007 at 07:30 AM.
drawlins27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!