View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 AM   #6
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

WELCOME to YT, and Congrats on being owned by a most remarkable breed!

Biting: Puppy gums hurt and itch, just like human babies. Keep chew toys, so your hands won't feel like needles and pins!

Housebreaking: Yorkies are (usually) pretty hard to train. There are some exceptions; but, you must go into it with patience, Patience, and more PATIENCE. Consistency is KEY to success. Remember Sadie's bladder is tiny, so accidents will happen; but, decide where you want him to go potty, and take her there every 30min (at first). Mine was trained to paper, so I had paper potty stations in just about every room (at first). Then, as she grew, I removed one at a time. It is very important to lavish PRAISE when he is successful. Potty Party! Don't get discouraged, just be vigilant. Watch for accidents, and put her immediately in the acceptable potty place (wherever that might be) And, remember also that he doesn't lie awake plotting where to pee or poop just to see those terrible faces from mommie! She won't even make the connection between the urge to go,and where she's supposed to go until he's 12weeks!

Last edited by abbie's mom; 10-26-2007 at 04:38 AM.
abbie's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!