View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
AlJo
Yorkie Yakker

It's not just strangers stealing dogs... I recenly had my Lulu stolen right out of my shop... by the breeder I got her from!

Our work agreement had come to term, he wanted to trade my services for a female show dog... OK! Well she's worth $2k, I did over $7K of work for him but he "forgot to transfer her".

Monday October 15th he popped into my daycare to say hi and see how good she looks... I've been grooming her for the Annual Tradex show this weekend (October 26 - 28)... actually she was just getting ready to have a bath so she was unwrapped and no bands in.

As we were chatting he's holding my girl and started telling me how he's run into some financial problems... then he says he needs 2k and if I want to keep my dog I'd better get it for him or he's going to sell her... then he walked out!

He wouldn't take my calls but my lawyer was able to talk with him last Thursday, at which time "the breeder" was surprised to learn that an incident like this isn't handled in small claims court... because there's "a life" involved, it's Supreme Court. He was told that the only way to "avoid court" was to bring her back BEFORE Monday Oct. 22 before noon... I'm still waiting

Note to all: Don't give away trust and get it in writing!

~Alana
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!