View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPeppersMommy View Post
I'm debating whether or not i should start cooking for Sarge. It seems like he eats better when I give him rice, scrambled egg, and boiled chicken. Is this heathier for the dog? I'm no nutritionist so I worry I wont give him enough of certain nutrients he needs. Any thoughts?
oh welcome to homecooking! i have been homecooking for about 7 months and it has been the best decision i have made for Layla. A book suggestion is Dr. Pitcairn's book. He helps with suppliements. but basically... you need protien (the ratio i use is 7(protien):2(veggies):1(grain or carb) ) i buy ground veal, beef, chicken... lamb.. and boil it. I put veggies through the food chopper and right now i'm using potatoe as a carb (trying to get away from the grains) But any type of those food is great... boiled chicken breast is great too.. Layla is having salmon this week.... as for suppliement... a general suppliement is fine, but you may also want to get one for calcium. where ever you get your suppliements from, tell then what you are doing and they should be able to help. the one thing i can NOT stress enough is getting a full blood panal done once you have been feeding for about 6 months to make sure he is getting everything he needs. if he lacking in something that can let you know and you can add it through a suppliement. if you have ANY QUESTIONS at all PLEASE PM me! i would be MORE than happy to help. please keep in mind it will seem overwhelming at first but it does get easier and layla has never been healthier.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!