Thread: Breed her?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #12
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

Yeah - What she said....LOL

This is the part that I crave and what drives my desire. Alot thinks of this as work but this just gets me going. I LOVE every aspect of this process. I live for the work and beleive me it really takes all your time. Call me crazy, but I live for this.
(all that she just described for you)

And I am here for my pups owners after they are gone. I answer questions all the time for them. But thats part of the whole process I love. Plus I get life time friends out of the deal too! (so its not all scrary things that can happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
That's when your work begins. Hopefully prior to breeding and during gestation period, you have homes for these pups ( that is if you don't plan to keep them all)....interviewing new families is a very intense process. You also should be thinking about putting together a contract.

You will pretty much will be tied to mom and these pups until after weaning. There is making sure that mom is has proper nutrition

All pups are nursing properly, at times it will take your intervention to ensure each pup is obtaining adequate milk intake...moving them around on each breast.

Weighing and temp taking of pup and mom is done daily....For the pups to make sure they are gaining and their ability to maintain body temperature is progressing as it should. For the mom, to make sure that she has no infection and isn't losing weight.

You will have vet checks, vaccinations, dew claw and tail docking removal fees.

You will have socalizing on these pups. Bathing, nail clipping, ear and pad trimming, insuring their ears will stand and piddle pad training.

Once weaned the fun part begins.....this is a dangerous period and pups can go down at this time.....so, you have to make sure that they are eating properly.

Once the pups are placed in homes you are then available to their new families questions 7x24....they are going to turn to you for alot of things.

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!