Thread: Breed her?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstarkba View Post
See thats stuff that I want to know. Maybe it will scare me out of it.. I have heard a lot of times that if the mom is under 4 lbs that its not good to breed them?? The reason why is bc if I do want to breed her I am not going to get her fixed next month.
My 1st litter I had an emergency C section and the mom went into cariac arrest and they lost her on the table BUT they revived her!!! And I never bred her again. All 4 babies were fine.

I had one litter of just 1 baby. The mom was unable to deliver her and she ended up at the vet, had 2 oxi shots and them preped for a c section. She then delivered on her own before they started.

I just had a litter of 2 babies and one came by himself after 2 doses of oxi - then after 11 hours of labor, the girl was taken by c section.

Lots of $$$ involved.

(I'm not trying to scare you!!!!!!!!!!)

Now, I prefer my moms to be 5lbs, but there are breeders who breed smaller ones. Brooklyn (my new boy) his mom was 3 1/2 pounds daddy was 2 1/2. Way too small in my opinion!!! But she owns the parents, the grand parents and the Great granparents and they are all the same size. So she's comfortable breeding that way.

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!