View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
SugarMama
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I would spay her now. There is so much to think about with raising puppies. What if mom needs a c-section? That could be $500-$1000 or more. What if her heat doesn't come when you want it (during the summer)? Have the male and female been tested for liver problems? Luxating patella? Are their lines clear of liver disease? What would you do if you lose your female? Are you able to feed puppies throughout the night if needed? That is why I would spay now.
Ellie May, you took the post right out of my fingers! I was going to ask if they've had all of the blood work to rule out any type of problems w/ their pups and a vet check for any problems...not just Daisy, but the stud also, and don't you need to make sure that their parents were all okay also? Sounds like a lot of money to spend just to let her have one litter of pups. Also, there's always a chance that you could lose her during the birth, could you cope with that? She won't miss never having babies. I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice from others about this.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!