Thread: cotton coat
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:39 AM   #9
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

Default OK, I'm far from an expert, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboy View Post
Cozmo has a cotton coat.Attachment 159199
Attachment 159200
hhmmmm...I'm not convinced he is cotton. Maybe partial? Now, I've only had one Yorkie, and she's not even two yet; but, I've made a few observations, and read a lot on YT!
Observation 1) - Cozmo's eyes are reflecting green. Many hold (as do I) that this is a strong indication that the coat is silk. Maybe give him more time? That's why I asked about his age.
Observation 2) - Cotton Coats seem (as indicated here by replies, also) to grow much faster than silk. My Abigail is silk, and she grows painfully slowly. She'll be two in December, and the coat is still not to the floor. *sigh* Almost, though!
Observation 3) - "Does it always look greasy?" - I have to bathe Abigail every fourth day, or she looks like she fell into a grease pit. And, I don't use any after bath product on her. Just shampoo and conditioner - which I rinse very thoroughly. Even when I don't condition, she still looks greasy a few days after her bath. I've read more silk coat owners comment on this than Cotton Coats.
3. what is the best conditioner to use - Some Cotton Coat owners seem pleased with Cowboy Magic
6. why is it always look worse than a silky hair. - There are many cotton coats on here that are simply gorgeous, with their full, thick hair. It's just different than silk coats. It does seem to take A LOT more work than silk. Unless one is in the show ring, Silk Coats are pretty much wash'n'go

Join today and remove this ad!