View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #15
laurenr
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Corinne View Post
That must have been so nerve wracking for you being on the plane. Thank goodness the pilot was staying sharp and landing the plane safely.

I live right where the 261 and Santiago Canyon comes together. The fire actually did jump the 261 but the FD got that out really quick. Thank goodness since right where it jumped the 261, there is a wilderness park on the other side of Jamboree (Peter's Canyon Park). Had that caught on and not contained, it would have gone up Orange Hills and I'm at the bottom of the hill on the opposite side.

Remember GiGi that came to the first meet-up with her husband? She lives a block away from where the fire jumped the 261.

My Uncle and BIL live in Lake Arrowhead area (Uncle-Cedar Glen; BIL-Running Springs) they are both safely off the mountain, but they don't know if they will have a home to go back to - Please keep up the prayers.

Corinne
OMG Corinne! I cannot believe how close you were! I know exactly where you are talking about - I drive that route so often! You poor thing.... how nervewracking for you. Do you know if Gigi's house is OK?? Oh, I just pray that your Uncle and BIL have an untouched home to go back to! Running Springs on the news tonight, looked like a terrifying place for all the residents. I so feel for them, cannot imagine the fear they must feel. Well, as long as the people remain safe, things can always be replaced.
Thank goodness the winds have died down tonight. I think we will all sleep easier for it.
Hugs to you and the girls. Hope they can go out in breathable air tomorrow,
Lauren
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!