View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenr View Post
Hey Corinne!! Argh! I've been away past 3 days and cannot believe what we came home too!! When we were coming in to land at John Wayne yesterday, it was terrifying. There was ZERO visibilty out the plane window; the plane was bouncing around like crazy.... all you could see was brown "fog". I was sooooo scared.

How close are you to the fire??!!! Are you up near the 261/Santiago Canyon junction? Your poor girls! Have they been acting nervous? Looking at their video, their little faces while the wind blows them around.....makes me want to scoop them right up. Thank goodness you could take them to work with you;otherwise you would fret and worry the whole day, wandering about them.

With the fires last year, I could see the flames from the hill we live on. Made me very nervous. There is so much dry brush in Yorba Linda, and with these winds, I must say I am concerned.

Please keep us updated. If you are nervous after work, please call me. You can bring the girls to my house if you don't feel like going home, or if you think they will be skittish where you are.
Hugs to you, and so happy to see you around here again,
Lauren
That must have been so nerve wracking for you being on the plane. Thank goodness the pilot was staying sharp and landing the plane safely.

I live right where the 261 and Santiago Canyon comes together. The fire actually did jump the 261 but the FD got that out really quick. Thank goodness since right where it jumped the 261, there is a wilderness park on the other side of Jamboree (Peter's Canyon Park). Had that caught on and not contained, it would have gone up Orange Hills and I'm at the bottom of the hill on the opposite side.

Remember GiGi that came to the first meet-up with her husband? She lives a block away from where the fire jumped the 261.

My Uncle and BIL live in Lake Arrowhead area (Uncle-Cedar Glen; BIL-Running Springs) they are both safely off the mountain, but they don't know if they will have a home to go back to - Please keep up the prayers.

Corinne
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!