Thread: I/D Food
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Below are the ingredients to I/D and why I wouldn't want to feed it. Sometimes there is no choice unless you want to homecook which is always the better option in my opinion.

I/D Dry
Ground Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Dried Egg Product, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Soy Fiber, Dicalcium Phosphate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Iodized Salt, Potassium Citrate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Soybean Oil, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Ethoxyquin (a preservative).

Corn is a major allergen and may not be digestible. Brewers rice is kind of just a filler with little nutritional value. Anytime you see by-products that could mean that it is a nasty part of the animal like intestines. It can also mean organ meat though which could be good. Corn gluten meal is still corn product which is okay as long as they don't decide to recall it. Pork fat is something I wouldn't want my Yorkie to have. When I think of pork I think of pancreatitis but that doesn't mean that's true. It just sounds gross. Soy fiber could be an allergen. Finally, ethoxiquin is very strictly regulated in human food and is usually not used. It is a rubber stabilizer and I would not want to feed it. It is basically poison (especially in high amounts).

I/D Canned
Water, Egg Product, Turkey, Rice, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Pork Liver, Soy Fiber, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Taurine, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid.

Except for the corn and me not liking pork much in dog food (which is just my thing...doesn't mean I'm right), this food looks lots better to me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!