View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
angeltoad
Yorkie Talker

Default Breeding Question?

Breeding Question

So, a breeder friend of mine asked me if I wanted to breed Zoey, and after months and months and months of deliberation I finally agreed to breed her. My parents and I share custody of Zoey so we felt it best if they and her stud, Truman, stayed at my parent’s house this week. We picked Truman up on Friday while Zoey was still bleeding, so they could have a few days to get use to each other. Sunday Zoey became ready to breed and Truman stared trying to do this thing. As of today my mom says that they have not “connected”. She said that he keeps going at it but it not “connecting” with Zoey. I have read a lot of book about breeding to be prepare (I’m not taking this lightly, and we are not just breeding cuz puppies are cute) but so I told her that she may need to assist in the “connection”.
My questions:
Is this a common thing, the dogs not connecting?
Could they have connected and we just not know or see it?

The dogs are a good size match
Zoey is 8lbs and 3 years old and Truman is 5lbs and 2 years old

But my mom said that when he stands on his hind feet to mount Zoey, he is too high. Zoey stands there, waiting but no correct “connection” is made!

This morning mom caught them in the act and tried to pick up Zoey’s bottom to help with the “connection” but it would still not “connect”…

Any ideas or help in any way is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Amy
angeltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!