View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #15
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

Ivhana i love your post, thank you

In my son's second grade class I was actually worried that my son had a learning disability or add. He had a horrendous teacher that gave him terribly low self esteem (loong story!). I was under the impression he was not at grade level and was struggling. With this year (3rd grade) his teacher thinks his problems were caused by the negativity from the TEACHER, not a learning disability. As he does not have ANY attention problems now and is very on task with everything and so willing to learn.

His new teacher allows the kids to be very creative and my son went from being a very shy kid that felt bad about himself in school to a kid that just put on a hilarious puppet show for his whole class at his own volunteering! He is just really doing well now and coming out of his shell.

His test results from 2nd grade came in last month and they were shocking to me because i assumed he was not learning at grade level. He tested advanced in everything.

I got a call this morning that they want to put him into GATE. I am nervous because I don't want to do anything that might be too much pressure and turn him into that little boy that had no self esteem last year.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!