View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 10:04 AM   #4
PIXIE
Senior Yorkie Talker

My Chico is a hand full when it comes to grooming but I finally found ways to where I can at least get the job done! For Buzzing his rear I hold him up in the air whith one hand and buzz with the other, he stays still because he's up in the air away from the ground. For his nails I just got this down 2 weeks ago (chico is 5 1/2 months now) before I bathe him in my sink I wet his paws and keep him in the sink and lift one paw at a time to trim it. The fur being wet it makes it easier to keep it out of the way from the clippers. He pretty much stays put because he knows he's not going anywhere in the sink but he does whine! I also do a buzz on his ears which is still a struggle! I kinda sit on steps and put him on a step below me and put his head in between my legs so I can lock his head in place so I have 2 hands free to hold an ear and the buzzer. It takes a bit of practice but not as hard as it was at first. For the plucking I've tried but not going to happen!!! I do everything for my fur baby but that I guess a groomer will have too! GOOD LUCK!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!