View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
Raja's Mom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksmom View Post
OK My good friend was just given a mutt puppy. Shes very happy so far and has asked me for advice. Do I tell her how I feel about how to raise a dog(crate training and quality dog food) even though its not how she wants to do it? Shes a little testy about people disagreeing with her but she means well. I expect she will NOT like what I tell her. Normally Id skirt this kind of talk but I feel for the dogs sake I need to speak up. No dog should be feed OL Roy.
I would just share what I knew on the topic and let her make her decisions from there. Depends on how close you are - I have a friend who loves his dog & when I explained the difference in quality of foods (say Pedigree vs. Innova) he was shocked at some of the things that find their way into low-end foods and immediately starting researching on his own to find a better food.

In life there are always going to be people that "know it all", I think the best we can do is offer our humble opinions and they can take it or leave it either way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!