View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
There haven't been a lot of studies and there isn't any evidence right now that I know of.
Not that I know of either, which makes it all speculation, doesn't it. Do I think a healthy, well balanced diet is important? Of course I do and I believe that I plan the diet of my dogs accordingly. However, I think that the higher end dog foods *can* be a bit over rated. Like I said, I'm looking right now at Nutro Natural, Purina Pro Plan, Science Diet Direct (which, in addition to supplements and boiled chicken is what the Yorkies are fed) compared to Pedigree Gold from Wal Mart (which, in addition to Flax and Fish oil, is what our hound is fed) and there is no major difference other than oils (which I supplement) as far as ingredients in the two. They BOTH have fillers, Pedigree has corn whereas the others have rice.

I think the food itself is less important than monitoring the amount, exercise, supplements, etc. You can't throw dog food, let teh dog the all it wants and leave it all up to what it's comprised of to establish your dogs health.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!