View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
angie h
Yorkie Yakker

Default Fluid filled belly looks like a balloon

Let's me say that this has been a confusing month, had to take chewie to er vet last month, he ate cat food, had diarreha, heavy panting, very weak. they took xrays( air,gas in intestines everything else ok blood workhigh white count ,low protien, low red count, vet wasn't sure, treated with iv fluids for dehydration , antibiotic, possible infection, took to regular vet the next day and they put him on science diet i/d wet and kibble. he seemed fine no diarreaha , loved new food. now a month later he acts fine, plays, eats, urinates defecates fine but his belly is huge and swollen. I take him to the vet who repaets with xrays, blood work, belly puncture, stool sample, no parasites, fluid clear ,but they say he is leaking protien into his abdomen. now they want me to do a bile acid test. i have run out of money and i don't know what to do , his liver looked fine on xray, not enlarged. he has always been skinny but never has his belly swelled like that before. i don't know what to do sinxce the abdomen punture the fluid has leaked out and he has never slowed down.
angie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!