View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 01:35 AM   #4
Maximus
Yorkie Yakker

Eroar, this is the issue I am still dealing with. First of, I think your dog is amking a response to your leaving him by himself when you go on a trip. He may not be rebelling, but confused and insecure when you leave for a couple of days. My dog, when he first came, knew to potty on a pad, but when I left him alone in the bathroom, he cried and peed and pooed everywhere else. Just very upset, you know?

2ndly, I think for young Yorkies, changes of environment is not good at all. When environment changes, they change their habbits as well. My dog was first pretty well trained, then he came to my house and began not using the pad for peeing, but pooing only. Oh my god, believe me, I had my share of tough times so far. I heard Yorkies are hard to house break, but man, I never had a dog this hard to train.

I tried everything. You name it, I did it. Crate training, multiple pads, taking him outside, repremanding, etc. But one thing I didn't try was "Treat". And this is proving to work better than anything else... Even though he doesn't voluntarily go to pee on pad, at least, he is peeing there when I take him and put him there.

Call me crazy. I quit my job for my dog. I had to. No one could take care of him but me. Now I take him potty every 4 hours to the pad, so he can't go anywhere else.

He had a couple of accidents yesterday though. he keeps on wanting to potty in the bathroom where I go. I don't know why. If anyone else's dog going potty in the bathroom floor, knowing that you go do your business there? And you didn't teach him to go there? Let me know, if anyone else;s dog is that way.

And your doggy eating poopy, well, I heard that dog eating poo is not uncommon, but usually associated with unbalanced or poor nutrition. So just make sure your doggy is eating right and enough.

Keep me posted on how he does. Try to spend as much time with him as possible. And treats work pretty well.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!