View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
imperfectlyblue
Senior Yorkie Talker

thanks again for the good advice.

my husband and i have visited the breeder, and visited with Peanut a few times. his reactions have mostly been just itchy eyes. at her house, it is difficult because she has a husky and has a couple cats that kind of hang around outside. so, it has been hard to pinpoint the exact cause of any reactions he may have when we are over there.

it seems like her saliva does affect him, because when she has licked his face, it seems to cause his eyes to itch. he takes a daily loratadine allergy pill which may help...

we did babysit a yorkie for 5 days, and she even slept with us in our bed, and he had nearly no reaction to her besides itchy skin if/when she scratched him.

we're really hopeful, but i just wanted some outside input. we do have a plan for if it becomes a problem. i have talked to the breeder about it briefly and she did say that Peanut would "have a home" if things don't work out. that was a huge concern of ours too... but we never know unless we try, and the yorkie breed is JUST so adorable and irresistable!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!