View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdysMom View Post
It means that the left side of your diaphragm is paralzyed or partially paralyzed. You may have had it for some time or it could be something new. Have you been in an accident or had any kind of surgery on your chest? It could be perfectly normal for you, but it usually means that something is wrong. If you are not having any symptoms, like shortness of breath, then I wouldn't worry, but I would go to the doctor as soon as possible.

You can also have stomach problems, because the diaphragm is pushing on the stomach.

My husband had this after heart surgery. It caused him to be very short of breath and he was really sick. It resolved on its own in a few weeks.
Thank you. That's what I kind of gathered from what I was reading, but it was written using a lot of big words and medical lingo that I definately do not understand.

I have actually had a lot of shortness of breath... for years actually. First they said it was allergies, then allergies and asthma, then we are back to allergies. I also have had a lot of gastrointestional issues, but the doctors never really did anything about it. From what I read, it could around cause cardiac arrithymia, which I have and my doctor associated that with my caffiene intake. Somehow, I'm thinking that my doctor is a little nuts and that this is what's been wrong with me the whole time.

So your husbands resolved on his own? That's great! I don't think I've had any accidents or surgeries on my chest, but I've had plenty of accidents. Maybe when I was hit by the drunk driver? Or maybe my bike accident... I don't remember anything that happened with that (I had a severe concussion and went into shock). I also have scoliosis. My husband mentioned that maybe my spine alignment could have done something. I don't know! I wish my appointment was sooner. I'm really nervous and can't quit thinking about it.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!