View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
swtnutns
BANNED!

Lightbulb Please Read re: Yorkie Pancreatitis!!!

Yorkie Pancreatitis - PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is been my month so far......On July 2nd we woke and our 6 1/2 year old Precious, 4.8 lbs, had thrown up her dog food in our bed. (All sleep with us)..All cleaned up and then she seemed fine all day Sat and Sun. The morning of the 4th, I woke to diarrea on my pillow and she was still laying there. ...All cleaned up again and she acted ok but like she just had upset tummy or didn't feel really perky. That was about 8 am and approx 3 pm we left to go for a ride and have dinner. When we arrived home about 7 she was GONE! No explanation from our vet, said we could get an autopsy but often they did not show the real cause of death for sure. We didn't want that anyway as the pain was already unbearable for my husband and I. We had her cremated and she sits in my office in her little urn.
On the evening at 2 in the am of the 10th, our other yorkie, vomited. I was still up and saw this. Watched her til about 3 and she kinda spit up again. By 8 that morning my husband had her at the hospital. She was diagnosed with pancreatitis. She was touch and go and in ICU for two days.
Thank God Sassi is home and much better but our sweet baby girl Precious is gone forever, til we meet at the bridge!
This disease runs in yorkies. As a matter of fact they are the #2 most suceptible. (sp?)
PLEASE do not feed your babies table scraps or anything with fat! I beg you to pay attention if your yorkie starts vomiting and get her to a Dr IMMEDIATELY!
Don't want others to go thru what we have been through the last 13 days and certainly do not want any babies to suffer cause you may not know this!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!