Thread: Hairy Ears
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
jackandjill
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedmansmommy View Post
Your baby is very cute! There are in fact ALOT of Yorkies with hair on their ears like this My Yorkie Stedman has hair on his ears (I like it that way and don't shave them) - however, it's not quite as long as your baby's. I personally love how this looks and call it "Butterfly Ears" LOL

Alot of Yorkie owners shave the tips of their Yorkie's ears (this is also what they do in the show ring). I do shave the tips of my Yorkie Tatum's ears because I do prefer this look on her (I just happen to like it on her better than the longer ear hair). It's really all just a matter of personal preference

I think your boy looks absolutely adorable, ears included!

P.S. - You mentioned that he has a "wavy" coat - what is his coats texture? How does it feel? If his coat is "wavy" - he may just have what is called a Cotton coat
Thank you for the compliment, I am kind of proud of my boy.
His coat is very soft and silky, I keep it about 2" long most of the time, he never tangles so it is very easy to take care of.
I am glad he is not a (odd ball). I just have never seen a Yorkie with the same ear hair as his. A couple of people have even asked me if he was part pappilion. Thank you for the reasurance.

Jack's Jill
jackandjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!