View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #13
AMD
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
It depends on what you want to do....

I can only give advise...no show dog should be obtained until the age of 6, 7 months or later. Remember this is too big of an investment if it doesn't turn out. What are this breeder's guarantees/contract like? Will she guarantee him as a show prospect. At 8 weeks of age, it's too early to tell what will happen....Nice rears, toplines can go off. Bite can go off. "the I told the other breeder that I told you about him first and if you don't take him she can" may or may not be a bit of a hard pressure being put on you.

I know that I wouldn't think about letting a dog go out as a show dog until I have them run them through. It's my reputation on the line, so I'm gonna make sure that who is ever going to purchase a show dog purchases the best. So, anything I wouldn't keep in my program, I wouldn't place as a show pup Just my opinion......

But, the final decision is yours....
I do want him as a show pup. But, since I'm going into Jr, I don't know if I should take him because I can still go into competition if he doesn't turn out, or get a different pup. If he doesn't turn out as a show dog, I can still do Jr Showmanship with him because there is no judging on the dog.

She said he could go at 12 weeks, but she wouldN'T guarentee him as a show dog. She stated to me that she had a male that she was going to be showing, so she wasn't keeping this little guy.

I don't know if ther is truely another person interested. She said "breeder" which would seem like she wouldn't sell a puppy to. Who knows...

I don't know..I'm really torn about this. I'm getting stuck between having a good dog, but yet it's Jr, so I could take him, and even if he doesn't turn out, I could still show him.

I can't find a reason why she would be pressuring me to make a decition. If I decide I don't want him after all, it's not like she won't be able to sell him. I wonder if she's not going to let me wait until he's 6 months old to decide, because he's going into Jr Showmanship anyway..

I asked her to send me a copy of her contract as it would be for the sale of this puppy. I'll post it when she send it.

Mary, thank you!!
AMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!