View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I have a problem. . .she's liking how he's turning out, but doesn't want to wait until 6 months before I commit..I don't get it (???)

Do I take him at 12 weeks, even though he won't be a for sure show pup?
It depends on what you want to do....

I can only give advise...no show dog should be obtained until the age of 6, 7 months or later. Remember this is too big of an investment if it doesn't turn out. What are this breeder's guarantees/contract like? Will she guarantee him as a show prospect. At 8 weeks of age, it's too early to tell what will happen....Nice rears, toplines can go off. Bite can go off. "the I told the other breeder that I told you about him first and if you don't take him she can" may or may not be a bit of a hard pressure being put on you.

I know that I wouldn't think about letting a dog go out as a show dog until I have them run them through. It's my reputation on the line, so I'm gonna make sure that who is ever going to purchase a show dog purchases the best. So, anything I wouldn't keep in my program, I wouldn't place as a show pup Just my opinion......

But, the final decision is yours....

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 11-01-2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: OP request - remove persnl info
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!