View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
velobabe
Mommy's Lil' Piper Cub

Rose Goodbye Sweet Katie

My parent's Jack Russel Terrier passed away this morning. When my mom woke up she went downstairs and their pitbull Na-Na followed and Katie is usually right behind her. Well this morning no Katie so when my Dad came home he went out looking for her and found her several blocks away on the main street literally squashed in the street (sorry to be graphic- just hurts). He said she was facing in the direction of home and that he believes she was run over by a truck, due to the extensive damage to her little body. My parents have a doggie door and a fenced in yard but Katie will sometimes dig her way out to chase after a cat, squirrel, groundhog, whatever, but she never roamed this far from their home before. My mother was doing up the breakfast dishes when my Dad returned and she heard a noise that sounded like he was talking excitedly so she assumed he was talking to Katie in the living room. That was not so...he was SOBBING that loudly. My mom said she's never seen someone cry so much. My heart breaks for him and for Katie. He loved that dog so much. He owns several shirts with Jack Russel pics on them that he wears with pride. She was his baby. He said all he keeps thinking about is how she looked laying there in the street. My mom keeps telling him not to think of her that way and to remember how she was but the shock of finding her that way weighs on his mind. He brought her home and buried her under their apple tree. I emailed them the Rainbow Bridge poem in hopes that they would find some comfort but my mom said she can't show it to my Dad because she herself couldn't make it through reading it without crying. Katie was a good dog. She made my daughter LOVE dogs and was protective of our baby boy. Just a sweet little girl. Sorry to ramble on but she will be greatly missed. Please pray for Katie and for my Dad, that he'll get through this horrible time and begin to dwell in the happy memories he made with his sweet Katie. Thank you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!