View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

[QUOTE=abbykat;1138047]Any one ever have protein in the urine? My little one has a p:c ratio of 4:1, up from 1.9:1 about a month ago...Normal is 1:1, they start worrying at 3:1. All other urine tests and blood tests are normal, she does have skin/allergy problems. Just started home-cooking for her, following Andi Brown's Whole Pet Diet. Vet prescribed a blood pressure pill even tho he said her blood pressure was fine...it's supposed to help the bp and circulation in her kidneys...

Any experience with this type of thing?

We (unfortunately) are currently dealing the same thing. vet prescribed a bp pill- her last bp reading was 220. vet would like to see it closer to 200.

her labs last week were:
urine protein: 292.7
urine creatinine 41.4
pro/creat ratio 7.1 !!!

Anything over 2 is considered high. My baby shows no visible signs of anything wrong? she is a little slower getting up from a lying down position but is sooooo playful and energetic. She recently was diagnosed with Hypotyroidism so she is now on soloxine. Noticed that her urine is was very light colored when i took it in for testing again this past w/end.

Sadie has been treated for a slight urinary tract infection. she did 10 days worth of antibiotics. she goes this w/end for recheck u/t infectiion. we tested her urine this past w/end and STILL no change in her protein loss. it stayed the same. Today vet says to increase dose from 1/4 tablet in the morning to 1/4 tablet am and pm now. wants to recheck bp in 2 wks and urinalysis again in 4 wks. sadie is having urine checked again this w/end to see if any signs of infection are present. (vet forgot to check for this with this past sat's urine i took in) I am so worried. i have this one with this problem and another with crystals in her urine. i constantly worry and i have been wracking my brain trying to research on line. It's getting to the point where i rarely get to enjoy my two girls. i am so always worried about them it's scary. :-(
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!