View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 04:45 AM   #3
iheartyorkies
Boppin' Bo!
Donating Member

Hi, and congrats on Kaya. The white on her face sounds normal to me. Many pups have white patches on their face or chest. As the pup gets older the white starts to change or blend in with the rest of the hair. Yorkies don't get their final coat color till around 2 years I've read. How old is the pup? About the crate, in my opinion, the tiny crate is just temporary. And by that I mean just until she learns to stop pottying in there. As she grows and is doing well in her potty training I feel she should not be in a small crate but should have either an x-pen, or 2x3 foot wire cage or an enclosed room or part of a room in your home. That way she's safe but still has room to play. And potty training is much easier this way. Unless you can watch every move she makes, she's restricted to her special area. When you're playing with her, of course she's allowed out. I will tell you that crate training is a hot topic on this forum with lots of (sometimes) heated discussions. This is just my opinion and what has worked for me. Good luck with your dad. I said a little prayer for you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!