View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #5
Fash
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for the well wishes, Patti!

I took Teagan to the vet the day after I posted this - it was a Saturday, but the vet agreed to fit her in after I talked to him on the phone. He still couldn't find anything conclusive. We went for x-rays Monday and the leg looked totally normal. She's still walking strangely, though, and when she lays down, she folds it under herself at such a contorted angle, it hurts me to look at it. She doesn't mind when I straighten it out, though. At this point, I guess it's just a wait and see kind of thing. The vet doesn't think it's spinal or neurological...so she's on restriciton for two weeks until our follow up visit. That's misery for BOTH of us - she has so much pent up energy, it's driving me nuts!

I do have one BIG concern though - the vet prescribed 1/2 of a 25 mg Rimadyl per day for two weeks. They seemed to be helping her with the limp, but I was reluctant to give them in case they were just masking her pain and making her use the leg and cause more damage. He told me they weren't pain killers, so it was okay.

She has had several bouts of diarrhea today and they were noticeably bloody. She's drinking normally, not overly frequent, and she's had no food/treats since her first episode at about 9:30 this AM. (I did give her about 1 oz of plain boiled chicken at about 9 PM because she was desperately pushing her food plate around the kitchen.)

I did some reading about Rimadyl a couple of weeks ago and even more today, so we're headed to the vet again tomorrow after what I saw about the side effects. She's in good spirits and otherwise acting totally normal except for the diarrhea, but I don't want to take any chances.

I've been looking through past threads on the forum for anyone's experiences with Rimadyl, but if anyone happens to read this post and has anything to share about its use that's specific to Yorkies, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again,
Fash
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!