Thread: Blonde Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #10
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love I have 3 Blonde Yorkies!

When I first saw a "Yorkie" in person, it was a Blue/Gold or Blonde! I had my heart set on one rather than the Black/Tan, no offense to any one else that has a dark one.......I just prefered that Coloration. When I purchased my first one Artie, my male (he's almost 4 yrs. old) I requested through the Breeder's exactly what I was looking for besides the Color, I also wanted small erect ears, a short nose and round dark eyes and of course as close to the Yorkie Standard as possible? About a year and a half later I found my second one a female, Abigail is almost 3 yrs. old, they had Puppies last year and I kept the smallest one @ 4 lbs. and she is a year old now. All 3 of their Puppies have turned Blonde, but both Parents were Blonde! During Summertime when they are in the "Sun" alot, they get even lighter! More brighter like "Platinum Blonde"? If you check their "Pedigree", not only for the "Champions" in their Bloodline, under their names they will also have a "Color Description" so you
can check what Colors they are Registered under w/c is Blue/Gold, a color code. Unfortunatly all Yorkie Puppies are born Black/Tan and turn/change colors quite a few times in their Lifetime, but once they turn Blonde, they may get lighter but they will never be darker or change to Black/Tan.
That is their true color. I will try to post pictures later, sorry this post is so long........Good Luck, I hope this helps?
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!