View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
bpaske
Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth By chance we met....

I have been looking to get a female yorkie for some time now, when I 1st got Trigger(my boy) I had originally planned to get a girl but picked him instead. As of Sat. he has a big sister!!! We have a vendor sale in my town every month called "Trade Days." I have been once, and it just isnt' my thing.

Here comes the great part, on Sat. I had BIG shopping/hair appt. plans. A whole girls day in Houston. But at the last minute my husband was told that his dept. (he is a Sgt. at the Sheriff's Dept.) was going to have a program at Trade Days for "Fallen Officers" & they wanted him to be there. Of course that meant he wanted me to be there. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I knew it meant a lot because we had a friend pass away in the line of duty exactly 2 years ago.

As soon as we got there my son wanted food, and hubby took off with another officer in a MULE to chk out the vendors. He was gone a while, and I was complaining to my friend how bored I was. (I was just working the food booth that the Sherriff DEpt. was running. ) Then he called, and said..."Hey babe there is a lady in the back with a bunch of yorkies that she is selling. " Hmmm, so I thought I would just chk her out. If anything else just to hold a puppy for a little bit.

But, when I got there she & her family were sitting with all these yorkies that were adorable. She had 2 that I fell in love with INSTANTLY. How much I asked thinking I was going to get some outrageous quote.... $300 for the un-spayed female that was 3, and $200 for her spayed mother that is 6, I nearly fell out. I felt like I was stealing the dog!!! They were beautiful, AKC registered and very obviousely pampered by her several older teenage daughters. They were very unhappy to be selling them, said it was the hardest decision she ever had to make. (She had a husband who did not look well, so I am assuming he was ill and possibly the reason she had to make a sudden cut back.)

I called my husband to come see the girl I wanted, he immediately paid for her. I saw all of their papers, they all had her name as the breeder so I know she wasn't some theif or anything like that. They were all crying as each of them went. And, she has called everyday to chk on Sugar & make sure she is adjusting. She gave me the list of favorite foods, snacks & such & told me that they were all use to sleeping with ppl. (which is clear now that Sugar thinks the middle of my bed is HERS.) All in all, Sugar has been wonderful here! She is spoiled rotten, and has thought she ran this house from the moment that she came home.

And to make it better, my best friend, who lost her pekignese & mother in law last month has been wanting a yorkie too, since her 9 year old daughter has become so attached to Trigger. I called her, and she came to see Abbey, my girls mom, and she got her!! I was soooo excited. They have been together their whole lives, & get to stay close!!!

Since she has been here, I have bathed & blow dried her, for both she was a pro... turning and positioning her head so that I could get the right places. She doesn't want to wear her ponytail though. So, here are some pics of her perfectness!!!
Attached Thumbnails
By chance we met....-sweetsugar.jpg   By chance we met....-sugar-sleeping.jpg   By chance we met....-sugarprofile.jpg   By chance we met....-sugar.jpg  
bpaske is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!