View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #12
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetr72 View Post
Both of my sons have an IEP and have since about grade 4 and it is a constant struggle..my eldest son has a severe learning disabililty and my youngest son has a mild learning disability and its a constant struggle and worry for Mom..both have trouble with staying on task and I have always been the kind of person who would NEVER let my kids take meds for their problems..well two years when my youngest son was failing all his subject my pediatrician asked me just to try a certain drug called concerta for a couple weeks..if I didnt like it I could take them off...well let me tell ya..I cried like a baby..because I didnt do it SOONER!! My kids marks went up..they stayed focused without a problem and THEY felt sooo much better...I kicked myself for being so stubborn..I know this is a bit off topic but I understand your worries and concerns...

Dawn
He's been on several different add meds. They actually worked well for his attention deficit, but they caused facial tics, so I stopped them. I couldn't have him going through life with that. I heard once they really get going, it is impossible to stop them.

I'm so glad you've found something that works for you. That must feel good to have them doing so much better!

We actually have him on a couple of medicines now that help him with anxiety and such. I, too, resisted for a long time. He is doing better with that, but the add part is still a problem.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!