View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Mardelin, thanks a lot, you mean last 3 weeks??? and 3 times a week?? And, where do you recommend me to buy it??? And when do you prefer to change to the puppy food?? My parents usually change inmediately, but I would love to hear your experience or preferences!!!
Yes, the last 3 weeks and 3 times a week. I purchase mine through Revivalanimal.com It's Solid Gold Concept a Bitch. All my dogs are on Solid Gold Flaxseed Oil.

I usually begin changing as soon as I find out she is pregnant...but, I do a gradual change over. I do add boneless, skinless steamed chicken breasts to all my dog's meals...I do add, a bit of cottage cheese during the preagnancy but, not with every meal....and grated mild low fat cheedar cheese. I begin increasing meals to 4 times a day during the last couple of weeks and throughout her whelping time. Immediately after whelping I provide her with NutriDrops and a recipe of Canned Goats Milk, equal parts of water, 1 Tablespoon of Karo Syrup and 1 egg yolk, beat thorougly.

And then add during her nursing time Post Whelping Pudding

Post Whelping Pudding

16 oz. water
1 pkg. Knox Gelatin
(micro. to disolve)
15 oz. can evap. milk
2 tabls. vanilla yogurt
2 egg yolks
2 tabls. white corn syrup
mix all ingred. in bowl let set in fridge
until thickens. Spoon out as needed.

Even during the night when I am checking on puppies I gave Mom some of this.

I've used this recipe for weaning pups too...

Congratulations on your upcoming litter and my prayers are with you that all goes well.

Mary
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!