View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
LawFilly
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Mary View Post
Benji will bark like CRAZY when he sees another dog...like the attacking bark..then if he gets close enough he will try to bite the dog ! Big or small dogs....sometimes he will sniff the dogs nose, and they will play together, but mostly he is mean .....I want to take him places , but his barking is going to keep him in the car !! We have a VERY passive mix breed that I was hoping would teach Benji how to interact with other dogs, but he isnt getting it !
He also barks at things he doent know what it is ....pumpkins, wheelbarrows, a man carrying a garbage bag......I think he may just be a wuss, and is scared of everything. He is 6 months, has always been a fraidy cat....
CAN THIS HABIT BE BROKEN ?
I have tried turning him upside down, and holding him there, but he gets more fearful, and doesnt submit, no matter how long I hold him there !
We have the same problem with our 4 1/2# Bentley (8 y/o) who thinks he is a 200# great dane! My "older widowed" brother had gotten a little 10# schnauzer, 3 y/o, and it didn't work out; therefore, we have her now. I want Bentley to ACCEPT her so bad that we even hired a "professional trainer" to work with "him" and Sophie. She is the cutest and sweetest li'l angel and looks at me with those BIG brown eyes and my heart just breaks for her. Before my brother got her she lived OUTSIDE in a cage UNDER a TREE the three years of her life. I could STRANGLE that no-good so-called "breeder".

Needless to say, yorkies are so HardHeaded, it isn't going well. He is so JEALOUS when I have anything to do with her that he wants to ATTACK her. He was an only child until we got her and he's NOT happy! I thought about getting a little muzzle for him and see if it will work.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!