View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Unhappy Ever had just the worst stinkin' week of your life?

Ugh...

Thank God tomorrow's Monday! I know most people don't say that, but dang, this past week has been horrible!

A little background...
Many of you probably don't know...I have 2 kids 13 and 15. My oldest son has Aspergers syndrome. It is on the autistic spectrum, but it really isn't the same thing. He's actually a genius, and is in all of the honors and AP classes in his high school. The problem is, he has ADD-type symptoms and has trouble staying on task in class. After several years of fighting the school district, we just last year got him an IEP (Individual Education Plan). This is a federally protected plan that gives him extra time to turn in his homework, and the school has to provide other services for him.

So this past week, I had trouble with one of his teachers who would not comply with the plan. She was saying she had to wait for confirmation from his case carrier, when she already has had to review the plan. Basically, she's stalling, and this makes us lose valuable time to get him caught up in the class. So it just seemed like every time I turned around, she'd give us another excuse, and in the meantime, my son is failing his classes because she would not send home his past homework. So this went back and forth all week long. We had just had a recent IEP meeting, where we sit with his case carrier, the administrators, and such, to make sure things are going as planned. Basically, the schools know that the average parent does not know all the rights their students are entitled to, so they try to blow us off. We had already had to spend a couple of thousand dollars on an advocate to get help getting this plan into action. AFter that, we tried to do these meetings on our own, and I swear, they turn into jerks when it's just you and them. So now we have to re-schedule, hire our advocate to accompany us (several hundred dollars each time) and come back next week to get the exact same things they refused when it was us alone! ARrrgggh!!!

So this whole past week, I was a nervous-wreck. I swear I could not sleep because of worrying about my son's homework getting done. Do you ever have that dream that you're back in high school, and it is the end of the quarter and you realize you haven't done any work all quarter long, and there is more backed up than you can make up? Well, it's like he's living my nightmare!

Then, my back went out on me. I have two bulged discs in my back that have caused chronic pain. I'm on Celebrex for it, which takes care of it for the most part, but once in a while it goes out, and it hurts to walk, sit, or lie down! I have pain medicine for the acute pain, but I have to wait until I'm done driving the kids to and from school all day before I can take it because I won't be able to drive, and if I take it in the evening, I won't be able to get up at 5:30 am to get my son out to zero period. (He's in the band, and has to be at school earlier than first period.)

So, I was really looking forward to our yorkie meetup this past Saturday. I just wanted to go somewhere where I could just forget about all the BS I had to deal with this past week. Plus, Chloe got spayed 3 weeks ago, and she has been on limited activity, and this was going to be her first chance to get out and play. I baked cookies for everyone just a few hours before the meetup.

That got cancelled at the last minute. I don't really want to rehash that all here (you can read about it in the California forum if you want.) I know I sound all petty and whiney about the whole thing. I can admit that, but it is just so frustrating to have something planned, and then have one person (who you thought was your friend--someone you've done a lot of nice things for) basically tell you "I don't trust your judgment" and unilaterally changing things. I thought we were doing this together .

Then, I got my very first YT flame. I guess I should be flattered. Does that mean I have officially arrived at YT? LOL What is amazing is that I went this long without getting one.

Oh well, I hope next week is better.

Thanks for letting me vent here. I feel like a huge load has been lifted.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!