View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #1
hya7
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Hi from a new member

Hi Yorkie lovers. I love looking at all the pics of your babies and I have 2 of my own. They are both rescue dogs with their own set of neurosis. I've had them for 4 years now. They're not littermates but came from the same house. One was 18 months old and an alpha dog. The other's age is unknown but she was old and fearful of everything and everyone. For the first few months here they both thrived and relaxed and became part of our family. Suddenly one day as I was coming into the house from work Maxie the alpha dog saw me approaching the house and turned from the door, ran to the livingroom sofa where Missy the older dog was sleeping and viciously attacked the poor thing in her sleep. I was appalled at the viciousness of the attack! I grabbed Maxie and pulled her away from the frightened Missy but Maxie hung on to poor Missy's ear lifting her into the air. I quickly lowered her back to the sofa so as not to pull Missy's ear off. I had to manually pull Maxie's jaws apart to get her off Missy. Missy had several cuts on her neck and ear and was terrified. I was afraid she'd have a heart attack.
To make a long story short, this happened 5 more times in the next few months. I now keep them totally separated. Maxie has ruined our carpet peeing any place she smells Missy or our other dog. This has really divided our home. I stay in my bedroom with Missy and my roommate stays in the living room with Maxie. I know this is long but surely someone out there has some advice. Help!!!!
hya7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!