View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #4
myyorkiesruleme
Yorkie Talker

Thank you for "bumping" my question up. I created the "nest" yesterday which is one of my large dog's kennels with the top off (I also have two Cayman Island specials which are lab mixes that weigh in at about 80 pounds each but they are 10 years old brother and sister) and I lined it with old sheets and plenty of white fluffy towels for changing in and out and a special modified top that folds over to give her a bit of privacy. Princess was quite interested in it and Teddy had no interest so I am hoping this is a good sign.

I've never birthed yorkies....eeeek, I've delivered humans in emergencies and I delivered by two big dogs, I had their momma dog and she delivered 7 puppies it took exactly 24 hours but yorkies, that's a new one for me and I am nervous as heck......even though we will make arrangements to have a c-section on standby I am still fretting

The other thing that concerns me is I don't know that I will be able to part with any of them. There is a huge waiting list of very desirable homes for these little snausages but I'm not sure hubby and me can even think of parting with one of them, I think I may keep any females and just part with any males....anybody have any thoughts for me?

I've been running Reiki on her every day and she appreciates that but does anybody have any other suggestions for making her feel more comfortable, she's entering the "heavy and awkward" stage and I want her to be as cozy as possible.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the responses
myyorkiesruleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!