View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
SugarMama
YT Addict

Confused I'm afraid I've been scammed

As I said in an earlier thread, we adopted 2 mini schnauzers last night from a lady who said that she was rehoming them for her parents. She said that her parents travel a lot and the dogs have been in the kennel too often while her parents are gone and she convinced her parents that the dogs deserved a new home where they wouldn't be boarded so much. So, she forgot their vet paperwork and said that she would call me today to get our fax number to fax their vaccine info and their paperwork showing that they're purebred. She said she never has her dogs wear collars or tags so she gave me an envelope w/ their rabies tags. She also gave me an unopened box of heartgard plus & an unopened box of flea preventative. So this morning I open the envelope w/ the rabies tags so that I can attach them to their collars. There were 3 tags. I figured she accidentally gave me one belonging to her parents cockapoo who she's also rehoming. Well, I called the vet on the tag to find out which of the 3 tags belongs to the 2 dogs that I have so that I could send her back the extra tag. The vet said that one of the tags belongs to a shelter pup, one belongs to a mixed breed brindle dog, and the third belongs to a deceased dog!!! So, I called the lady & got her voice mail. I didn't mention the tags because I figured I'd never hear from her again if I did. I just gave her our fax number and asked her to fax all of their vacc. info & vet info like she'd said she would do. Now I'm wondering if these guys even have their vaccines. Am I right in assuming that since Sugar is up to date on her shots that she's okay around them? It looks like the only thing she told us the truth about is the nature of the dogs. They are both sweet and well behaved. Ugh! Why am I so gullible? I'm hoping she'll have a good explanation about the tags but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by SugarMama; 10-13-2007 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo
SugarMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!