View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
vanmomzie
No Longer a Member

Default New yorkie owner

Hello Group,

I am sure many of you have posted new yorkie owner posts, but this is my first. I have an almost 6 month yorkie that we bought from a breeder at 4 mos. She was sold to us for 1800 dollars as a show and breeding dog. Since bringing the little doll home, we discovered she has a lazy eye, and a very arched back.
We are sure these items forbid us from showing her, and breeding her, and I want to hear comments on these items. I don't know if her arched back can disqualify her from being in the show ring because she does not conform to breed standards, and also if the lazy eye will get better. It has shown some inprovement. l I feel that the breeders overcharged us for her on the premise that she would be a show dog and a breeder, however she is only 3 lbs. 2 oz and I think she is too small to breed safely.

I still have 4 mos in which to ask for a partial refumd of the 1800 dollars my 19 yr old daughter paid for her and I think I am right in asking for a partial refund based on the fact that we can't show her, or breed her due to her small size.

I would like to hear from other owners regarding these issues, this is my first yorkie, and I love her to pieces, but I feel it is only fair to aske for a lower price based on our findings.

Also, if anyone has experience with an arched back in a yorkie, please reply to this post as I woudl like to hear you comments, bad or good.

Sincerely,

Sherrill
vanmomzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!