View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
TobyIIsMom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Like bchgirl said the only reason I think that they have different options to start is to make easier for you to know when you started. Also there is no harm in not getting your period for three months at time or at all. Or at least that is what my doctor has told me as well as my own research. Personally, I am on Yaz and take it continuously so I never get a period. I have PCOD (have been on BC for 13 years for this) and this helps me not have any painful periods becuase the cramping when I did have it was debilitating and extremely painful. I started that two years ago. At first I would still get breakthrough bleeding for the first year or so about every three months, which my doctor recommended just stop taking the pills when that happened so nature could run its course. I think its now been about year since I have had it at all. Also I do still encounter phantom cramps and such every couple months.

Hope this helps. Personally I love not having my period...one less thing to worry about! And definitley no mood swings too!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!