View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
a_jgonzalez
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
Don't get discouraged, no one was born knowing what to do...go to all the shows you can and watch, get books and a video if possible. Find a local dog club with handling classes for owners....

Listen, the first Yorkie I ever showed was in an AKC show, judged by Anne Rodgers Clark ( she was equal to the Queen of England in the dog world) I actually entered a 5 yr old male in open dog..his coat was no where near the floor and his top knot was just about taped to his head..Mrs. Clark treated me the same as if I was showing the best Yorkie to ever enter a show..

35 yrs ago there was no internet, few books and almost no where to learn anything...I saw an ad in Dog World for the show and entered...and I am sure I gave those Yorkie people the laugh of the weekend..but I just kept doing it until I learned...
Shame on anyone who forgets where they started...some were so fortunate to get a start near the middle of the ladder, have excellent mentors and were able to purchase a quality show potential...others come from the wrong side of the tracks and work every step of that ladder..some might even laugh behind your back, so you will need thick skin, but the results are well worth it..good luck
Well said!!!

I am intrested in showing but I get intemidated too... but that will not deter me from trying... so good luck
a_jgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!