View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
hartygirl
megan - g
Donating Member

We had Addison spayed in June this year by a friends vet, as we were unable to get her an appointment with her own before her first heat. Addy is my first yorkie as an adult and my friend has three so I listened to her when she suggested her vet.
Addy had her surgery and when I picked her up she was a mess! She was so frail and weak for the first two days then, she started vomitting up bile and foam. I took her back to the other vet and they gave me more medicine for her (a steroid) and a bag of fluid IM.
She threw up the whole way home, I was freaking out so we went to our own wonderful vet and after a quick exam he found that she had a nodule on her incision site, thought to be a hernia. He called the vet and they asked me to bring her back there and they would do the corrective surgery for free.
I had already promised her that she would never have to go back there again so, we opted to have our vet do the procedure, he had a different kind of medicine that they administered while she was under and when she woke up you couldn't tell that she had even had surgery.
When I went to pick her up our vet told us that she had a reaction to her internal sutures and that we were lucky to discover it so quickly.

After all is said and done I am thankful for our world class vet and his wonderful staff, but most of all thankful for the health of my baby.

I hope you can find some comfort, and know that you are not alone and there is nothing that you personaly could have done to prevent this from happening. I know the helpless feeling that you are going throught right now, time heals all wounds.
Our prayers will be with you and your baby.
hartygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!