View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
TobyIIsMom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I have the same problem with Toby. He hates wearing clothes. He will try to bite at them as I put them on. Then looks really uncomfortable once I get them on. He will try to drag himself around the floor trying to get it off. He also does this when I try to put on harnesses as well. He likes going for walks but he hates having to wear harnesses. But at least with the harnesses once we start walking, he's fine. Also he does the same where once he realizes the shirt is not coming off he just sits there and doesn't move. We always joke that if we need him to stay somewhere and sit still all we have to do is put a shirt on him! At first I thought it was because they might be a little tight so I have gotten him bigger shirts and still the same thing. Unfortunately, I have resorted to just not dressing him unless its really cold out or for special occasions like the Sunday Bears games because we have a Bears jersey for him. And like already suggested by Princess Tinker when I do put a shirt on him I give him a treat and say good boy. Still doesn't help with the moving thing cause he will still stay in one place.

Perhaps you can also try just dressing him occasionally and not all the time and let him get used to it. Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!